West Lancs logo

Bills & benefits

Universal Credit full service will be introduced in West Lancashire on 12 October 2017 for all working age residents who live in the Sefton postcode area and the 13 December 2017 for the remainder of West Lancashire residents. If you are making a new claim for Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Employment Support Allowance or Housing Benefit you will now need to claim Universal Credit from the above dates.

You will also be transferred to Universal Credit if you have a change of circumstances that affects your Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance and Housing Benefit.

You can make a claim for Universal Credit by clicking on the link below:

Make a claim for Universal Credit (external link)

Pensioners and people living in supported exempt accommodation should continue to claim Housing Benefit from West Lancashire Borough Council.

Council Tax Support is not included in your Universal Credit. You must complete an application form to receive help to pay your Council Tax.