West Lancs logo

Council offices and CSP

West Lancashire Borough Council has two main customer contact points in the borough: the council offices in Ormskirk and the Customer Service Point in Skelmersdale.

Council Offices, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk L39 2DF

This is the main office of West Lancashire Borough Council.

Email: customer.services@westlancs.gov.uk
Tel: 01695 577177 

Please note: Wigan Road/Abbotsford entrance to Derby Street car park is closed to cars.

There is a pay and display car park at the council offices. If you are staying for less than 30 minutes, you can obtain a free parking ticket from the pay and display machines on the car park.

If you will be longer than 30 minutes you will need to purchase a parking ticket from any of the pay and display machines. Parking tickets must be clearly displayed in the windscreen of your vehicle.

Customer Service Point (CSP), Concourse, Skelmersdale WN8 6LN 

The Customer Service Point (CSP) is a great service for Skelmersdale residents at the Concourse. Drop in while you're shopping to ask a question or request a service. 

Services available at Derby Street and the CSP

Our opening hours are:

  • Monday-Thursday, 9.00am-5.00pm
  • Friday, 9.00am-4.45pm

Please note our Housing Benefits advisors are only available at the following times:

  • 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk – Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 4.45pm and Friday 9.00am to 4.15pm

  • Customer Service Point, The Concourse, Skelmersdale – Tuesday and Thursday 9.30am to 1.30pm by appointment only. Please call 0300 790 0380 to make an appointment.

Come in and talk to one of the Customer Service Advisors to find out more about us or request a service. We offer a wide range of services including:

  • View planning applications
  • Get information about bin collections and recycling services and report problems
  • Request a bulky waste collection
  • Report fly tips, abandoned cars and problems with street lighting, footways, or flooding  
  • A number of council tax services, such as applying for a discount or change of circumstances  
  • Request a pest control service  
  • Enquire about jobs with the council and request an application pack and give your comments, compliments and complaints  
  • Electoral registration, notification of change of address and general enquiries
  • Council housing customers

If you are a Council tenant, you can talk to the Customer Service Advisors about housing issues, book an appointment for a housing officer to visit you at home, or request tenancy services such as:

  • Ways to pay rent and basic rent account queries  
  • Information on how to start a tenancy  
  • Terminating a tenancy  
  • How to apply for a council garage  
  • Advice about how to find accommodation and access the Council's waiting lists  
  • How to join the mutual exchange register  
  • Advice about neighbour nuisance